Cathy Nelson tagged me to participate in this meme. This is a new experience. I've enjoyed reading the lists of others, but never thought I'd compose one of my own! So here goes!
1. As I finished high school and began to think about what I wanted to major in as I moved on to college, I thought--ok, 4th grade maybe--in the footsteps of my Grandmother, high school, possibly--middle school--NEVER! Well, I have enjoyed eating those words for 30 years! Never say Never!
2. Between college graduation and the beginning of the next school year I did my stint at the local McDonalds. After coming home late at night to the rest of my family asleep, smelling like fries and Big Macs(not pleasant outside the restaurant), having to shower and go to sleep without "winding down" with conversation after work, I decided that late night employment was not for me and I would do my best when I was able to start my "school job."
3. The outside of my car is not indicative of the inside. I try to keep the inside very neat and clean because the outside usually carries soil samples from our 1/2 mile driveway. You can tell what kind of weather we've had---mud means it has rained recently, dust means it has been dry. Oh, we do wash it regularly, but to no avail!
4. We have a flock of 12 turkeys who visit the back yard regularly and are becoming fairly tolerant of our comings and goings as they go about their own business.
5. The SCASL 2.0 experience has helped me to grow and experience new apps that I would not know of otherwise. (The part you don't know--) My hands shake each time I venture into a new app.---like now, for instance! :-) And one question--I know what it is--but what does meme mean?
6. Professionally speaking, a Destiny crash in September set our library system back to April 08 status. Step by step, inch by inch, we try to restore the database to a reliable state---but I don't know if the information in the database will accurately reflect the holdings in the collection.
7. At each school dance, play the CHA CHA Slide and the Cupid Shuffle, and I'm there--right amongst the middle schoolers! (Can't believe I admitted that!)