Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ramblin' all over 2.0

Two webinars in one week! Almost too cutting edge to be believed about me. Even though the second was a wikispace webinar that was broadcast (is that the right term for 2.0?) earlier, the info was most useful for me. The first this week was the SCASL Twilight webinar--so cool!

As I surfed through the award winning Web 2.0 tools, I was comforted to see several that I've used. My web confidence was boosted in that I saw several that I had at least heard of and I was able to learn more about. It is almost overwhelming, however, to see so many AWARD WINNERS that are unfamiliar and know that there are so many more that did not receive any mention. Whew! How will we ever keep up unless we participate in exercises that the 23 Things that raise our awareness . Thank you again and again for putting this together.

I'll be seeking one of our science teachers first thing tomorrow to scope out her knowledge of wikispaces. Based on what I know of her teaching style, wikispaces will be right up her alley. I feel collaboration coming on!

I joined Joyce Valenza's ning, TeacherLibrarianNetwork and added to my RSS reader.
I'm wondering if a ning would be a good place for our school or even district personnell to communicate with each other about Web 2.0 tools and their uses. Hmmmm.

Tried to create a SC history Search on Rollyo. Not sure it was successful. Still learning the nuts and bolts of all these apps. What a collection of nuts & bolts!

Rollyo has great possibilities for research projects that are used on a regular basis. The resources can be added and deleted as necessary and they will be easily accessible from any computer. (I hate it when I need something that is on a different computer.)

And so ends Week 5 --- Thanks for the opportunity to catch up!!
Can't wait to see what week 6 holds in store. Rest well, all!

1 comment:

Mrs. Lemieux said...

So Glad to hear you enjoyed the Twilight Webinar, more to come I hope. Anne Lemieux